The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Given to Church, I Corinthians 12:11
- Divided among believers, I Corinthians 12:18, 22, 24, 25
- Misuse affects church, Romans 13:8
- Purpose is building up of body for ministering, Ephesians 2:20-22; I Corinthians 14:3; II Corinthians 10:8; 13:10
- Divided into 3 categories, I Corinthians 12:1-6
- Motivational, I Corinthians 12:4; Romans 12:3-9
- Ministry, I Corinthians 12:5; 27-31; Ephesians 4:7-13
- Manifestation, I Corinthians 12:6,7; 7:7-11
- Existence of sign gifts has passed.
- Revelation is complete and revelatory gifts are no longer in need, I Corinthians 13:8-12 cf. 14:6,36 (i.e. tongues, revelations, prophecy, knowledge)
- The church has left the infant stage; the early church had these gifts to authenticate their message, Ephesians 2:20 cf I Corinthians 12:12; Hebrews 2:3-4.
- The church is no longer limited to Jews only but is offered to gentiles also, Acts 21:17-26; I Corinthians 14:21-22.
Friday, March 13, 2009 4:09 AM