- Must be excellent, Philippians 1:10
- Must be glorious to God, Psalm 66:2
- Must have "good report", Philippians 4:8
- Results must cause godly thoughts, Philippians 4:8; True, honest, just, pure, lovely.
- Word of God must be contained in it richly, Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16-17
- Must be joyful, Psalm 100:1
- God commands as part of worship, II Chronicles 29:25-26; and as a part of worship, it is to be performed only by dedicated believers, John 4:24; Philippians 1:21.
- Must be orderly, organized, skillful and practiced, I Chronicles 23:3-5; 25:7.
- God blesses if good, magnificent, and proper, II Chronicles 5:11-14.
- Goal is glory of God not the emotional rapture of man, John 3:30; I Corinthians 10:31; Colossians 3:23, Psalm 28:7; 105:1-2.
- Must be sacred, and not related to our "old" (unregenerate) man or the world system, II Corinthians 5:17; Romans 12:2; Leviticus 10:10; Galatians 4:9; I John 2:15; Psalm 93:5
- Must be understandable, I Corinthians 14:15
- Must be acceptable to God, Ephesians 5:10
- Must be melodic and harmonious, Ephesians 5:18-19
- Must bring every thought to Christ, I Corinthians 10:5
- Must be "new" not an old canned replay, Psalm 98:1; 96:1.
Friday, March 13, 2009 4:09 AM